After a couple of days of work I managed to add a "maps" tab to each continent page (which in Views turned out to be a noticeable pain in the arse). The user experience should improve - as it always happens when long lists can be avoided.
It's all about styling these pages a little, and another small landmark will be reached.
New ideas on the marketing front, and the trip to Toronto will surely help.
Long time no see! Lots of changes during these months:
- The website is available on mobile devices!
- The new "Unions" section, where worldwide tenant unions will be listed, for easy reference.
- Complete css restyle, lighter and easier on the eyes
- New "share" feature for each review
Since the last update, we've also been receiving good media coverage:
- Article on the Manawatu Standard
- Article on Stuff.co.nz
- Interview on RadioNZ International
- Article on Il Fatto Quotidiano (Italian)
At the moment, apart from fixing things here and there, I am trying to come up with a new way to promote this idea. In this early phase the website is not offering much, but is asking users to contribute without immediate "satisfaction". Still, I'm pretty sure this is a case where there could be a landslide effect, once the critical mass is reached. A lot of thinking going on.
The website is now online. I will use this blog to write updates on the site's status. For the time being, I'm still fixing the way it is displayed on mobile devices, but it's fully functional. After this small fix, it will be time to spread the word and be acknowledged by search engines!
- Make the whole website truly responsive for mobile devices